[jcifs] JCIFS problem with Linux and Tomcat

Yannick Lavanant yannick at smellyfrog.com
Tue Apr 22 12:48:06 GMT 2008

Hi Aigars,

I didn't receive the screenshots.

However, I would consider using pre-authentication if I were you. I
don't know if it's absolutely necessary anymore but we found we had to
do it with the version of jcifs we were using.

We basically have a user in the domain that do not correspond to a
living person. It's password never expires. I know this probably
breaches a few security policy, but it was deemed acceptable considering
that this user has not much rights apart from being able to log in the
domain.

The filter parameters are as follows (I of course changed the username
and password here):

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.username</param-name>
        <param-value>SomeADAccount</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.password</param-name>
        <param-value>SomePassword</param-value>
    </init-param>

I also have the following parameters but you might not want to use them.
In other words, only take them one bit a time:

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.resolveOrder</param-name>
        <param-value>LMHOSTS,WINS,DNS</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
        <param-value>10.214.250.40,10.214.250.41</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.http.enableBasic</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.http.insecureBasic</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.responseTimeout</param-name>
        <param-value>15000</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout</param-name>
        <param-value>35000</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.netbios.retryCount</param-name>
        <param-value>3</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.netbios.retryTimeout</param-name>
        <param-value>5000</param-value>
    </init-param>

Regards
Yannick