[jcifs] ntlm authentication using spnego + jcifs

Rohnny Moland rmoland at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:50:23 GMT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to get a j2ee application up and running on jboss with
sso. For that, I have followed this:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/NegotiateKerberos

To test it, I have set up a dns server and a domain controller and a
user in active directory service. From the logs, it seems to work
fine. I get the principal (the user in ad) back and in the request the
authentication type is set to negotiate.

But when I try to get the remote user from the request, it returns a
number, looks like some sort of id, and I dont really understand it.
Could someone help me with the why and how I could get the user from
active directory?

Kind regards,
Rohnny