[jcifs] JCIFS with Windows 2000 client problem

Asaf Mesika asaf.mesika at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:15:29 GMT 2008

I'm not familiar with the whole SSL certificates field, but I am recognizing
one piece of your problem, which appeared during my development:

client,  after accepting it takes us through without any error.  In case of
> IE client on 2000 server,  after accepting we get the 401 Unathorized
> rejection error.

I follow you correctly, this is what happens:
1. IE tries to access a protected resource on your web server.
2. The web server detects that its protected thus sends a 401 response with
"WWW-Authenticate: NTLM" header.
3. IE realizes it needs to return an NTLM token to the server. From some
reason, probably the certificate issue, IE decides not to send the token at
all, thus it simply displays the response received in no.2.

Am I correct?