[jcifs] Problem in tomcat

Michael B Allen miallen at ioplex.com
Tue Apr 1 14:49:26 GMT 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:09:10 +0200
"Pierpaolo Lombardi" <pier.lomb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi to all. I'm new here...
> I have a problem with jcifs...I have a web application and I need to
> authenticate it in order to access to a shared directory. The problem is
> that when I try to do that nothing happens... My code get stuck invoking
> this constructor
>
> public Authenticator() throws Exception {
>         NtlmAuthenticator.setDefault( this );
> }

The NtlmAuthenticator class is not used for web applications:

  http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/authhandler.html

It's basically just a callback that allows the developer to fetch
credentials using a password dialog or reading strings from the console.

You will have to create your own logon form in HTML and pass the
credentials to an NtlmPasswordAuthentication object.

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO