[jcifs] "jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Access is denied" second user with 2003 domain controller

Bunger, Michael (Amdocs-RIC) Michael.Bunger at rhd.com
Mon Sep 17 19:52:03 GMT 2007

Hello;

My organization is moving domain controllers to Win 2003 platform (from
2000). As a part of the effort we were suppose to test jCIFS as well to
in-sure it's proper work with 2003. Our test are failing with the next
results:

Only the first user can successfully authenticate - starting from the
second attempt the authentication fails with "NtlmHttpFilter:
<domain>\<user_name>: 0xC0000022: jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Access is
denied." and Authentication Pop-Up window appears in IE.

Again, just to clarify for 2000 it works fine.

We are using jCIFS 1.2.6 version  / BEA WLS 8.1 sp4 on UNIX-HP Itanium

The jCIFS Filter is setuped the next way:

<filter>
    <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
        <param-value><DOMAIN CONTROLLER IP></param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.resolveOrder</param-name>
        <param-value>DNS</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.http.loadBalance</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>
        <param-value>3</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </filter>
        <filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>ResourceFilter</filter-name>
            <url-pattern>/general/images/*</url-pattern>
 </filter-mapping>

Any help / suggestion / workaround will be more then appreciated;

Thank U in advance;
-- Michael

Bunger Michael
Amdocs Inc, A-CRM team