[jcifs] Exception when connecting to DFS share

Eric.Mitchell at wellsfargo.com Eric.Mitchell at wellsfargo.com
Wed Sep 5 13:30:46 GMT 2007

 Hi Michael,
I should have provided more clarification... Yes I am attempting the
authentication against a domain based dfs root.
In my case the URL appears as //my.fully.qualifieddomain.corp/dfs_root

I am testing between our current version of jcifs (1.2.13) and 1.2.17 with
the hopes of being able to allow our java apps (running on Linux)read/write
files within a dfs (on Windows 2003 Active Directory).

The test is a shell script which simply returns a listing...

Currently working in 1.2.13: "${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java" ListFiles
smb://servername/dfsshare
Results in listing all files.

Testing in 1.2.17: "${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java" ListFiles
smb://some.example.name.corp/dfs_root (happens to be same name as dfsshare)
Results in the logon failure.

Testing 1.2.17 for servername/share: "${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java" ListFiles
smb://servername/dfsshare
Also results in logon failure.

Both the .13 and the .17 testing are using the same userID and encrypted
password called from the same jcifs.properties file.