[jcifs] JCIFS and Windows 2003 HP Storage Server

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Oct 29 16:58:50 GMT 2007

Mike A:  I doubt that this will be relevant, but one of the Samba Team folks
         found that the NBT keepalive would cause *some* versions of Windows
         to reset the TCP connection.  This happened only if NBT sessions
         were in use and had been properly negotiated.  The fix was to not
         send NBT keepalives.

         Dunno if jCIFS even uses NBT keepalives but if it does then
         disabling them would work around this bug in Windows.

Chris -)-----

--
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"    ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/    -)-----     Christopher R. Hertel
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/    -)-----          crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/   -)-----             crh at ubiqx.org