[jcifs] Reading ACE via jcifs - get jcifs.dcerpc.DcerpcException: Fragmented request PDUs currently not supported

Michael B Allen miallen at ioplex.com
Fri Oct 26 15:24:19 GMT 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:01:10 +0200
<Marcus.Tiarks at btc-ag.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a big Problem with reading ACE via jcifs. I use jcifs 1.2.17 to
> read the ACL'S of a windows Share. Everything works fine but sometimes i
> get an jcifs.dcerpc.DcerpcException. The message is
> jcifs.dcerpc.DcerpcException: Fragmented request PDUs currently not
> supported. What is that?

Hi Marcus,

It means that there's a bug somewhere.

Indeed JCIFS does not support sending DCERPC requests that require
multiple fragments. But a fragment can be up to something like 64K
and I can't even think of a DCERPC request that would need more than
64K. Requests are usually tiny. It's the responses that are large and
JCIFS does support fragmented responses.

So something fishy is going on. Can you provide more info like a
stacktrace, a log, an example program that replicates the error, a
capture, ... etc?

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO