[jcifs] SMB Transport Errors - java.lang.Throwable: at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:608)

Ghouse, Sherjeel Sherjeel.Ghouse at molex.com
Tue Oct 16 16:34:03 GMT 2007

We are using jCIFS 1.2.12 to enable NTLM SSO for one of our Web Apps. We ran into the following exception resulting in single point application failure. If I remember correctly, a fix was put in place to prevent SMB Transport errors. Does anybody has any idea why jCIFS is not handling SMB Transport Errors. The Transports didn't Timeout and the users waited indefinitely for a reponse from the Application Server.

Servlet failed with IOException
java.lang.Throwable:
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:608)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:277)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:233)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:154)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:169)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:162)
	at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:182)
	at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6987)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3892)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2766)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:224)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:183)

Thanks
Sherjeel

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (including any attachments) may contain Molex confidential information, protected by law. If this message is confidential, forwarding it to individuals, other than those with a need to know, without the permission of the sender, is prohibited.

This message is also intended for a specific individual. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message or taking of any action based upon it, is strictly prohibited.

Chinese  Japanese

www.molex.com/confidentiality.html