[jcifs] need help on kerberos auth with server cluster.

Michael B Allen miallen at ioplex.com
Mon Oct 15 16:26:53 GMT 2007

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:54:09 +0900
tetsu.soh at nts.ricoh.co.jp wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using jcifs-kerberos5.
> However, smb connection cannot be setup when the target is in windows
> cluster.
> In the same environment, windows can work. So I don't think it is the
> server configuration problem.
> Furthermore, using jcifs with NTLM also works.
> So, IMO, the point is kerberos.
>
> I have no idea about windows server cluster and how it handle
> authentication process, especial kerberos.
> Is it different than the general kerberos auth?

Hi Tetsu,

It should not be different AFAIK.

If you can get me some captures I can take a look. Get captures of JCIFS
failing and of Windows succeding. Try and get both captures from a Windows
client so that you also get the communication between the client and the
KDC (note that for the Windows capture you'll need to purge tickets w/
kerbtray.exe first).

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO