[jcifs] Problem with JCIFS 1.2.17 and Windows 2003

David Clément david.clement at foederis.fr
Thu Nov 22 11:34:58 GMT 2007

I have found the solution... by changing some code in the filter.

If someone needs it: the Http filter pre authentication only works it is configured for load balancing:
I had to change the code when not load balancing with:

chal = SmbSession.interrogate(UniAddress.getByName(domainController, true));

Maybe it's not optimal but it does work!

Another change in the filter is to return the NtlmPasswordAuthentication in session when we skip the authentication; otherwise the user is not able to connect in some cases.

Hope it helps someone.

I have the common problem with Windows 2003. Once a user is logged in, no other user can log in.
I have changed ssnLimit to 1, but with it, no user can connect since I get the following error:

jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Invalid access to memory location

I have also tried to add to the Active directory a user with read right and set the jcifs.smb.client.{domain,username,password}
But still I am not able to log more than the first user

Thanks for your help

--
David CLEMENT