[jcifs] NtlmHttpFilter and Tomcat - user not being recorded in access logs

Chris Kimpton chris.kimpton at rabobank.com
Thu Nov 22 10:22:32 GMT 2007

Hi,

We are using the Ntlm filter with Tomcat5.5 (embedded in jboss-4.0.5).

Things are generally working fine, authenticating users -thanks people!

We've turned on the access logging in tomcat and I was hoping to see the user
in the access log, but its coming out as a dash '-'.

Is there a way to get better integrated with tomcat so that its available in
the logs?

I guess it might be possibly via a custom Realm.

I see there was a similar post a year back, but don't see a response:

 jCifs + tomcat 5.030 Working but not showing user in access log
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.samba.java/5366

Apologies if its been answered already/on the FAQ.

Regards,
Chris