[jcifs] Problems in Integrated Windows Authentication

Yannick Lavanant yannick at smellyfrog.com
Tue Nov 13 08:12:40 GMT 2007

Hi Asif,

I could be wrong, but are you trying to authenticate with a web browser?

If that is the case, you need to give set your browser so that the site
you are trying to access is trusted to use the logged in user credentials.

In IE, you can achieve this by going to tools/internet options. Then
select the security tab and maybe Local Intranet. Press the Sites button
and then Advanced button in the popup window. You can then add the site
you are trying to connect to. I use the https link in that case.

For Firefox, type about:config in the address text box. Once the page
shows, type auth in the filter and double click on
network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris. In the box popping up type
your site address: http://mysite,https://mysite. Please note that the
list of authorised sites are comma separated.

If you are not using a web browser, then maybe a similar rule applies
for your application: you may need to specify that the server you are
trying to access is a trusted server.

Hope this helps
Yannick