[jcifs] Not getting remote username

Yannick Lavanant yannick at smellyfrog.com
Wed Nov 7 08:53:23 GMT 2007

I could be off the mark but you might need pre-authentication:

In my web.xml I have the following:

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.username</param-name>
        <param-value>AuthorisedAccount</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.password</param-name>
        <param-value>AuthorisedPassword</param-value>
    </init-param>

Where AuthorisedAccoun/AuthorisedPassword is a username/password pair
authorised to perform authentication on our domain.
Hope this helps
Yannick