[jcifs] [SMB]UID/Windows User

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri May 25 07:45:46 GMT 2007

On Fri, 25 May 2007 13:37:15 +0900
"yang mikey" <mikeyredmoon at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
> I want to do a tool to monitor the share folder via capturing the CIFS packet,
> the SMB header of captured packet contains "UID" field, how to know which user
> the UID presents?

The UID field in an SMB packet is an ID that refers to an authentication
that occured previously on the transport. The only way to know which
user that ID refers to is to know which user the authentication the ID
refers to. And the only way to know which user an authentication refers
to is to decode the authentication and extract the user's name (which
could be rather difficult if the authentication method is Kerberos).

Mike

PS: This has nothing to do with JCIFS.

--
Michael B Allen