[jcifs] Transport1 timedout waiting for response to SmbComSessionSetupAndX

Dave Haworth dhaworth at widen.com
Fri May 11 17:31:51 GMT 2007

The code is running in a Tomcat 5.5.17 container on a server in our DMZ.
It's creating the JShellLink shortcuts locally on that box and copying
them to a separate file server behind our firewall on our private
network. The job first checks if the folder it is copying the shortcut
to exists and if not it creates it and then copies the shortcut over.
About 5% of the shortcuts don't get copied over due to the error below.

I realize this sounds a little unorthodox, but I can't create the
JShellLink shortcut as an SmbFile so I'm forced to create it as a
regular java.io.File locally and copy it over as an SmbFile. I am using
jcifs 1.2.13.

Thanks for following up.

Dave Haworth