[jcifs] jcifs.smb.SmbException: EOF during NetBIOS session request

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri May 11 15:51:55 GMT 2007

I would start by asking the Alfresco people first since I think they
should change their code to be like Windows as opposed to we changing
our code to accommodate a third party SMB provider. But if you or they
can produce a capture of JCIFS doing something that Windows doesn't,
I'll fix it.

Mike

On Fri, 11 May 2007 16:50:32 +0200 (CEST)
yogi-ml at darkmag.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've developped a portlet for my customer's Websphere Portal 5.1 which
> uses JCIFS 1.2.13 in order to deliver shares content thru the web.
>
> It works perfectly when using standard Windows shares, but right now I'm
> trying to open an Alfresco share (http://www.alfresco.com/ : open-source
> CMS which provides webdav and SMB access) and it just throws the following
> error :
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException:
> jcifs.util.transport.TransportException
> jcifs.smb.SmbException: EOF during NetBIOS session request
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.ssn139(SmbTransport.java:191)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.negotiate(SmbTransport.java:237)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.doConnect(SmbTransport.java:299)
>         at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.run(Transport.java:240)
>
>         at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.run(Transport.java:256)
>
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.connect(SmbTransport.java(Inlined
> Compiled Code))
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java(Compiled Code))
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect(SmbFile.java:798)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect0(SmbFile.java:768)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:663)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doFindFirstNext(SmbFile.java(Compiled Code))
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1627)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
>         at
> com.mycompany.portal.filecrawler2.FileSystemCifs.ls(FileSystemCifs.java(Compiled
> Code))
>
> Any clues or ideas ?
>
> Thanks for all.
>
> Olivier BOISSIN.