[jcifs] Java newbie- trying to access a windows public share

Smith, Mike Mike_Smith at RGCResources.com
Mon Mar 26 11:20:18 GMT 2007

I am trying to write a java program that will reside on my ISERIES IFS.  This program will needs to read a file on a windows public share.

I've been told I need JCIFS to to this.

I have tried testing with the following

mport java.io.PrintStream;
import java.net.URL;
import jcifs.Config;
import jcifs.smb.SmbFile;
import jcifs.smb.*;
public class JCifsTest2 {

        System.out.println("new test");
        jcifs.Config.setProperty( "wins", "192.168.0.10" );
        System.out.println("testing");
                try {
                        SmbFileInputStream in = new
    SmbFileInputStream("smb//ggc-ad/Public/IS/mike/020707P.txt" );

                        System.out.println("in is " + in);
                } catch (Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }
        }

}

I receive this error.

jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure: account currently disabled.

The account is not disabled, I can get to this file via windows explorer easily.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Michael Smith
iSeries.mySeries.