[jcifs] Kerberos Problem

Jan Gärtner gaert at gg-see.de
Thu Mar 15 12:47:27 GMT 2007

Hi guys,

I am trying to connect to a W2K3 Domain via jCIFS using Kerberos.

But I am facing several Problems,

1. first of all does the example given with the src run into an Exception which
says:

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Fehlerhafte JAAS-Konfiguration: nicht
erkannte Option: doNotPrompt
 at com.ibm.security.jgss.
i18n.I18NException.throwLoginException(I18NException.java:12)

2. When deactivating this options the following Exception is thrown

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No callback handler
for obtaining password

  at com.ibm.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.j(Krb5LoginModule.java:134)

3. When adding a CallbackHandler (new Krb5CallbackHandler()) the following
Exeption is thrown:

com.ibm.security.krb5.KrbException, Statuscode: 14
	Nachricht: KDC unterstützt den Verschlüsselungstyp nicht
	at com.ibm.security.krb5.KrbAsRep.<init>(KrbAsRep.java:17)

Is anyone experienced with this topic and can help me?

Greetings,

JAN