[jcifs] Re: Are previous version of jcifs available for download?

Marius Scurtescu marius at sxip.com
Tue Mar 6 01:31:46 GMT 2007

On 27-Feb-07, at 1:21 PM, Marius Scurtescu wrote:

> Recently upgraded from 1.1.9 to 1.2.13 and run into problems.
> Trying to figure exactly at what version the problem surfaced and
> what was the change set for that release.

It turns out that the issue was related to the Path variable sent to
AD. In older versions (pre 1.2 I guess) it used to be an IP address,
in newer versions it is the fqdn of the ad machine.

In one configuration we were running NTLM over VPN and we used an
alias for the ad machine name (plus some nat-ing). Newer versions do
not like the mismatch between Path and the real machine name.

Is there a way to either force Path or to use an IP address instead?

Thanks,
Marius