[jcifs] JCIFS NTLM: When I connect with VPN, NTLM does not log in to the application.

Todd Patrick Todd.Patrick at dtn.com
Mon Mar 5 21:12:08 GMT 2007

I am building an application running on an application server on X
domain. When I am at the office, I can use the application (of course)
without any issues.

When I log in from home over VPN, I go to the application - it provides
the username and password dialog box. After I fill in my credentials,
then the browser times out after 35000.

I *think* the reason I can't log into my application over VPN is because
my home workstation is not a part of the domain?

Can I simply add the domain information as noted under
"jcifs.smb.client.domain" to my workstation to get this to work?

How can I get my home workstation to work as if I were at the office?

Thanks,

--Todd

[Below is the NtlmHttpFilter within my web.xml]

	<filter>
        <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
            <param-value>xx.x.xx.xxx,xx.x.xx.xxx</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
            <param-value>xx.x.xx.xxx</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
            <param-value>company.com,company1.com</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.username</param-name>
            <param-value>xxxx</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.password</param-name>
            <param-value>xxxxxxxx</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout</param-name>
            <param-value>35000</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>
            <param-value>2</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended
copies
of the original message.