[jcifs] Custom Socket Factory

Marcel Schoen marcelschoen at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 12:01:59 GMT 2007

I would like to be able to control socket creation in JCIFS from outside, for
various reasons (special logging, benchmarking, tunneling issues etc.). To allow
that, JCIFS should implement a socket factory and create its sockets through
that. A new config property like

jcifs.socket.factory

Would then allow to provide a custom factory which would create custom Socket
subclasses with additional functionality.

I'd be perfectly happy to help implementing that in JCIFS myself, but I'm a bit
lost at finding out how to contribute to the project. Any ideas / help?