[jcifs] NTLM Type 3 Message Never Sent

FrankenCoder jmgray314 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:10:20 GMT 2007

Interesting thought; that hadn't occurred to me. But I verified that the IIS
service is stopped on the server, and Tomcat is serving things from port
8123. Does Tomcat have some kind of internal filtering mechanism that might
be re-mis-directing things?

My instinct is that the type 2 response being sent back to IE contains some
invalid or unexpected format/info, but have no evidence for that. It is a
bit mystifiying.