[jcifs] Accessing protected share from Servlet

David Webster dave_web at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 15:05:04 GMT 2007

I am a newb to jcifs and have been looking over the doc and examples for the
last couple days, but I haven't been able to put together a solution that
entirely fits my needs:

1) NTLM via the HttpFilter. (This works)

2) Presentation of files contained in a share with permissions based off of
the NTLM authentication created during the HttpFilter authentication.

I cannot figure out how to apply the permissions verified by the filter to the
file share itself.

The constructor for SmbFile takes either a filePath or a filePath and
NtlmPasswordAuthentication. Just using the filePath doesn't work.

Do I need to renegotiate every request outside of the HttpFilter?

I hope I am missing something really simple.

Thanks in adv.