[jcifs] JCIFS NTLM HTTP authentication - browser hangs for XP client

srinivasM muttineni at synygy.com
Thu Jan 11 22:40:48 GMT 2007

Hi,

<filter>
    <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
        <param-value>*</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
        <param-value>*</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.username</param-name>
        <param-value>*</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.password</param-name>
        <param-value>*</param-value>
    </init-param>
</filter>

I configued the JCIFS properties as shown above.

The filter works fine for Windows 2000 client, but it fails when we tried
from XP client.
The browser hangs at this point. We have captured the network traffic.
The Type1 message is being sent by the server , but the client is failing
responding back with Type2 message.

What might be the root cause? Do I need to set any other parameters?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Srini M