[jcifs] jcifs and ipsec

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Feb 22 03:47:01 GMT 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:48:31 -0500
dhillenb at lexmark.com wrote:

> Thanks Michael here is the wireshark capture.

Ahh, well of course everything is encrypted. I can see the packets going
back and fourth but I can't actually diagnose anything from it.

> The third time I try the share is located and all is well
> this happens consistantly.  WIthout ipsec attaches the first time.

A problem that someone recently reported to me directly offlist was that
JCIFS can fail to find shares or connect due to the fact that JCIFS does
not try to connect to alternative IPs for the same hostname. Meaning JCIFS
uses getByName to lookup a hostname whereas it should use getAllByName
and then loop over each IP trying to perform the desired operation.

Anyway, turn up the jcifs log level enough to see what IP JCIFS is
getting. Then run it repeatedly to see if they change and if they do if
there's any pattern to their success or failure.

PHP Active Directory SSO