[jcifs] W2003 authentication

tlh lian_hwang.ti at fairprice.com.sg
Thu Dec 27 07:05:29 GMT 2007

I have been trying to track down the W2003 authentication issue.
Unfortunately, I cannot get it to fail when I want it to.

The only sure fails is restarting the Tomcat server in Netbeans

The only clue I have come up with is this ...

jcifs.util.transport.Transport which seems to run as a separate thread.
If this the looping is terminated, and restarted,
NtlmPasswordAuthentication does not get the default password from
jcifs.smb.client.password

Hence, SigningDigest.macSigningKey becomes zeros,
and the next request for Auth gets "denied".

The thing works well with a W2000 server though.