[jcifs] JCIFS and win2003 PDC. Again...

debater debater at wp.pl
Wed Dec 12 13:39:48 GMT 2007

Hello,

I think that my problem is somehow similar to problems encountered by other
jcifs users, but due to some differences I post it as a new thread.

I have web app running on tomcat that is supposed to authenticate users that
using a domain information. So I did choose jcifs 1.2.17 and added
HTTPNtlmFilter to my web.xml. And it worked on PDC based on linux. But
unfortunatelly we are forced now to use win2003 domain controllers...

And the story begins....
Usually at the beginning it is possible for 4 users to log into our system
without any problem. If someone mistypes login or password proper
information is logon failure information is logged (wrong username or
passw). However after some time (or if I restart tomcat) everything goes
wrong. Every attempt to log into system gives:
NtlmHttpFilter: MY_DOMAIN\DOMAIN_USER: 0xC0000022:
jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Access is denied. , even if I mistype login/pass
on purpose.

I downgraded jcifs to 1.1.11. It seems now to be invulnerable to that
"feature", but it gives on first logging attemp: Socket closed:
X.X.X.X<XX>/X.X.X.X
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

Now I don't know what to do... The newest version makes system unusable,
older one - inconvienient. Did anyone solved problem with Win2003 PDC for
good? Or did someone solved problem with sockets in older, 1.1.*?

I will be REALLY greatful for any help
PS. I use filter configuration as simple as possible:
<filter>
	<filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
	<filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

	<init-param>
		<param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>
		<param-value>4</param-value>
	</init-param>
	<init-param>
		<param-name>jcifs.http.enableBasic</param-name>
		<param-value>true</param-value>
	</init-param>
	<init-param>
		<param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
		<param-value>X.X.X.X</param-value>
    	</init-param>
	<init-param>
		<param-name>jcifs.smb.client.username</param-name>
		<param-value>MY_USER_NAME</param-value>
	</init-param>
	<init-param>
    		<param-name>jcifs.smb.client.password</param-name>
		<param-value>MY_USER_PASS</param-value>
	</init-param>
	<init-param>
		<param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
		<param-value>MY_DOMAIN</param-value>
	</init-param>
</filter>

Stanley