[jcifs] authentication not working

Ashok Kumar K AshokKumar_220060 at infosys.com
Fri Aug 24 06:07:51 GMT 2007

Hi

 Here I am giving the problem with more details, I request jcifs expert
to help me out from this

Problem, due to which I am struggling since one month.

We developed an application which retrieves login user name and displays
on index page, for retrieving windows login user name we used
ntlmhttpfilter. application is developed using servlets and jsp's, and
deployed over tomcat the issue is that when it is accessed from firefox
its working fine but when it is accessed using IE, some are able access
but some can't. we found that during server, browser negotiation, there
is no reply from browser with type 3 message. i.e. negotiation is
failing at last step. i tried by changing IE settings but no use, to
tell you both who could access and those who can't are in same domain.

I would be great full to you if you help me come out of this problem.

Thanks

Ashok

Thanks & regards,

Ashok kumar k| Software Engineer| Enterprise Solutions|Infosys
Technologies Limited|Hyderabad| Tel: (040) 23005222 Extn:48663|Mobile:
9966010691