[jcifs] Network Dialog box pops up randomly when posting data

Blue thinkblue146 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 00:09:02 GMT 2007

Hello everyone,

I have an issue I was hoping someone could help resolve with the jcifs
configuration...Just a bit of history of the problems that I have been having
with the filter:

First I was getting the network username/password dialog box coming up
randomly as I posted data to the server…So to fix this I removed the following
from the web.xml filter configuration:

      <init-param>
           <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout</param-name>
           <param-value>500</param-value>
      </init-param>

This caused my app to only allow one user onto the app at one time but I
wasn’t getting the network logon box anymore.

So I had to add the above back to the web.xml file…So currently my web.xml
file is looking like this:

	<filter>
      <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
      <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
      <init-param>
           <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
           <param-value>99.99.999.99,99.99.999.99</param-value>
      </init-param>
      <init-param>
           <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
           <param-value>XXXX</param-value>
      </init-param>
      <init-param>
           <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
           <param-value>99.99.9.9</param-value>
      </init-param>
      <init-param>
           <param-name>jcifs.encoding</param-name>
           <param-value>Cp1252</param-value>
      </init-param>
      <init-param>
           <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.soTimeout</param-name>
           <param-value>500</param-value>
      </init-param>
	</filter>

   <filter-mapping>
          <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
     <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

I’m not getting any errors that I see but users keep getting prompted with the
network dialog box randomly as they post data to the server...Does anybody see
anything that would cause this to happen.