[jcifs] Is SingleSignOn with jcifs possible?

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:00:06 GMT 2006

So it sounds like you are just doing file access stuff (i.e. not the
filter); and you are wanting it to pick up and use the credentials of
the currently logged in user when running the application to access
the CIFS resource.

Something like that would require kerberos; if you are running on
Windows, as an alternative you should be able to skip jCIFS completely
for this particular scenario and just do:

FileInputStream s = new FileInputStream("\\\\server\\share\\path\\file.txt");

i.e. just use the vanilla JVM stuff to access the resource via the UNC
path.  But if you are on a non-MS platform this would currently not be
available.

Eric