[jcifs] Issues with jcifs with weblogic

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Sep 12 21:54:23 GMT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:33:55 -0700 (PDT)
Viraj Bhatnagar <viraj_bhatnagar at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am trying to accomplish SSO for our Intranet using jcifs-1.9, and have implemented the fliter as specified.
> Here are the few queries that I have, before I can send this live:
> 1. Is is supported for Win XP as well
> 2. I am providing the list of server for the property 'jcifs.netbios.wins', but what happens is, it iterates over the list. It keeps sending the authentication request to one server for some time, and then it switches to the next in the list, till it reaches the last one. And after it reaches the last server in the list, it does not come back to the first one, which I would assume, it should do the iteration in a round robin fashion.

WINS is a name service so I don't know what you mean by authentication
requests. Also, alternate WINS servers are not used unless the current
one is not responding.

> 3. Alternatively, when I set the domainController property to a logical DNS hostname, it just picks up one of the servers that was responding during the server startup, and keeps sending requests to this IP, till it gives the following Exception:

The domainController specifies a particular machine so I don't know what
you mean by "it just picks up one of the servers". Also, if you're using
the domainContoller property you do not need jcifs.netbios.wins.

>   jcifs.smb.SmbException:
> jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Transport2 timedout waiting for response to SmbComSessionSetupAndX[com
> COM_SESSION_SETUP_ANDX,received=false,errorCode=0,flags=0x0018,flags2=0xC003,signSeq=0,tid=0,pid=29956,uid=0,mi
> Count=13,byteCount=103,andxCommand=0x75,andxOffset=164,snd_buf_size=16644,maxMpxCount=10,VC_NUMBER=1,sessionKey
> rdLength=24,unicodePasswordLength=24,capabilities=4180,accountName=svcGAM,primaryDomain=NA,NATIVE_OS=Windows XP
> ANMAN=jCIFS]
>         at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.sendrecv(Transport.java:76)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:602)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:269)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:225)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:147)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.interrogate(SmbSession.java:82)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain(SmbSession.java:111)

This means that it just timed out trying to communicate with the domain
controller. That's not good. Looks like a netork problem or the machine
is overloaded. Try increasing timeouts.

PHP Active Directory SSO