[jcifs] Issues with jcifs with weblogic

Viraj Bhatnagar viraj_bhatnagar at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 21:33:55 GMT 2006

Hi,
 I am trying to accomplish SSO for our Intranet using jcifs-1.9, and have implemented the fliter as specified.
Here are the few queries that I have, before I can send this live:
1. Is is supported for Win XP as well
2. I am providing the list of server for the property 'jcifs.netbios.wins', but what happens is, it iterates over the list. It keeps sending the authentication request to one server for some time, and then it switches to the next in the list, till it reaches the last one. And after it reaches the last server in the list, it does not come back to the first one, which I would assume, it should do the iteration in a round robin fashion.
3. Alternatively, when I set the domainController property to a logical DNS hostname, it just picks up one of the servers that was responding during the server startup, and keeps sending requests to this IP, till it gives the following Exception:
  jcifs.smb.SmbException:
jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Transport2 timedout waiting for response to SmbComSessionSetupAndX[com
COM_SESSION_SETUP_ANDX,received=false,errorCode=0,flags=0x0018,flags2=0xC003,signSeq=0,tid=0,pid=29956,uid=0,mi
Count=13,byteCount=103,andxCommand=0x75,andxOffset=164,snd_buf_size=16644,maxMpxCount=10,VC_NUMBER=1,sessionKey
rdLength=24,unicodePasswordLength=24,capabilities=4180,accountName=svcGAM,primaryDomain=NA,NATIVE_OS=Windows XP
ANMAN=jCIFS]
        at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.sendrecv(Transport.java:76)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:602)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:269)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:225)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:147)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.interrogate(SmbSession.java:82)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain(SmbSession.java:111)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:150)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:316)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceVi
7)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:250)

An help on the above will be sincerely appreciated. We have a couple of other applications that are dependent on this implementation.
  Thanks