[jcifs] Q's about jcifs

Nanna viraj_bhatnagar at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 21:17:39 GMT 2006

Hi,
 I am trying to accomplish SSO for our Intranet using jcifs-1.9, and have
implemented the fliter as specified.
Here are the few queries that I have, before I can send this live:
1. Is is supported for Win XP as well
2. I am providing the list of server for the property 'jcifs.netbios.wins',
but what happens is, it iterates over the list. It keeps sending the
authentication request to one server for some time, and then it switches to
the next in the list, till it reaches the last one. And after it reaches the
last server in the list, it does not come back to the first one, which I would
assume, it should do the iteration in a round robin fashion.
3. Alternatively, when I set the domainController property to a logical DNS
hostname, it just picks up one of the servers that was responding during the
server startup, and keeps sending requests to this IP, till it gives the
following Exception:

jcifs.smb.SmbException:
jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Transport2 timedout waiting for
response to SmbComSessionSetupAndX[com
COM_SESSION_SETUP_ANDX,received=false,errorCode=0,flags=0x0018,flags2=0xC003,si
gnSeq=0,tid=0,pid=29956,uid=0,mi
Count=13,byteCount=103,andxCommand=0x75,andxOffset=164,snd_buf_size=16644,maxMp
xCount=10,VC_NUMBER=1,sessionKey
rdLength=24,unicodePasswordLength=24,capabilities=4180,accountName=svcGAM,prima
ryDomain=NA,NATIVE_OS=Windows XP
ANMAN=jCIFS]
        at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.sendrecv(Transport.java:76)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:602)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:269)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:225)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:147)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.interrogate(SmbSession.java:82)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain(SmbSession.java:111)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:150)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter
(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward
(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:316)
        at
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputMod
el(InternalResourceVi
7)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render
(AbstractView.java:250)

An help on the above will be sincerely appreciated. We have a couple of other
applications that are dependent on this implementation.

Thanks