AW: [jcifs] A user authenticates successfully, but then I get a SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out?

Waldheim, Frank F.Waldheim at ing-diba.de
Tue Oct 31 13:33:19 GMT 2006

hi there,

the receive timeout is normal behaviour as discussed earlier.

> Plus, when I try to write out the user information in my JSP
> page, I return a null value:
>
> <%
> out.println(MessageFormat.format("{0} successfully logged
> in", request.getRemoteUser())); %>

that again has nothing to do with the jcifs library.
the authentication process taking place in the filter
has nothing to do with an authentication against the container
(JAAS) which should 'fill' the remoteUser property.
the fact that remoteuser is injected via
the jcifs servletrequest class may not be enough and is somewhat
misleading.

try to find something about JAAS,LoginModule,TAI,SecurityProvider or
similar in the docs of your container and try to assert the information
gained during jcifs-logon.

hth
-fw

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is strictly forbidden.