[jcifs] Re: Can't get NTLM HTTP Authentication to work

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 09:06:43 GMT 2006

Are you going direct against Tomcat's HTTP server, or through an
intermediate web server (Apache or IIS, etc.)?  If you are seeing the
browser send a Type 3 message, but the server not responding
appropriately, you should see some messages in the app server log;
i.e. it would imply the failure is occurring on the backend
authentication rather than IE just dropping the handshake.

If you can provide a packet trace, that might give some additional
insight; ideally one taken at the app server including both HTTP and
SMB/CIFS traffic, as that would show the end-to-end authentication
process.  Don't send to the full mailing list though, as it may
contain sensitive information.

Otherwise, you can try upping the log level for jCIFS and see if that
gives any more information.

Eric