[jcifs] Windows authentication

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:25:23 GMT 2006

Not sure with regards to aliases... NTLM authentication should work
with both forms for "normal" accounts.  In particular, it should work
as described here:

http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html#nameVariations

I'm not terribly familiar with Active Directory itself; it's possible
that the client is actually using Kerberos with the IIS server.  If
you can get a packet capture from a successful IIS transaction and the
failing jCIFS transaction that could give some clues (don't post them
to the full mailing list, as they may contain sensitive information).

Eric