[jcifs] jCIFS NetworkExplorer example

Jonathon Simon jsimon at ud.com
Wed Oct 4 14:59:55 GMT 2006

Hello,

A quick question about the jCIFS NetworkExplorer example.   I'm trying to simply get NetworkExplorer to work in my environment as in the following screenshot:
http://freshmeat.net/screenshots/4774/4774/

To this end, I copied NetworkExplorer.java into my Eclipse IDE and added it to my package.  It compiles fine.  I also edited my web.xml as necessary by adding the appropriate servlet mapping(s).

At this point however, after deploying, when I run my web server and attempt to access NetworkExplorer from the browser, as such http://localhost:8080/sollerasa/common/NetworkExplorer/jst422/wwwsoftcache, I get a Tomcat Apache HTTP status 404 message.

\\jst422\wwwsoftcache is indeed a valid windows share, but I must be doing something wrong.

Also, if I try to simply access NetworkExplorer as such  <http://localhost:8080/sollerasa/common/NetworkExplorer> http://localhost:8080/sollerasa/common/NetworkExplorer, I get the following error:

jcifs.smb.SmbException: smb:/null directory must end with '/'
 jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doNetEnum(SmbFile.java:1610)
 jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1585)
 jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1495)
 com.sollerasystems.sollerasa.common.NetworkExplorer.doDirectory(NetworkExplorer.java:179)
 com.sollerasystems.sollerasa.common.NetworkExplorer.doGet(NetworkExplorer.java:477)
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
 org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

As long as NetworkExplorer compiles fine, shouldn't it work by default?  Or do I need to modify it in order to simply get it to work as in the example screenshot mentioned above?  I'm using jCIFS 1.2.9.

Thank you very much for your time.

Kindest regards,
Jonathon

Notice from United Devices Postmaster:

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. This message has been content scanned by the UD Tumbleweed MailGate.