[jcifs] KerberosAuthExample

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Oct 4 02:12:36 GMT 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:34:08 +0900
tetsu.soh at nts.ricoh.co.jp wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been trying to get the Kerberos example working with Active
> > Directory for this the following information is useful:  KDC = Active
> > Directory server, Realm = Domain name (fully qualified). This get you
> > passed the login but fails when it tries to access the file:
> >

> >  - C.htm
>

>  Well, I have to say, when we implemented the SPNEGO/Kerberos, we really
>  did something to support SMB signing.
>  And under our test, it works. I can't figure out why your test failed.

Indeed. Signatures work for me. Running the KerberosAuthExample.java
example and looking at Ethereal traces shows signatures are present and
the code looks correct (just a routine to fish out the session key and
construct a suitable SigningDigest).

>  Maybe we missed something. Can you give me
>  more details about your test?

Michael,

Are you using an unmodified jcifs-krb5 package? Make sure you do not
have an old jCIFS jar file in your CLASSPATH.

PHP Active Directory SSO