[jcifs] Problem with FCIFS-1.2.6 - cry for assistance

MIchael B. michael.bunger at amdocs.com
Tue Oct 3 22:34:04 GMT 2006

Hellow; My name is Michael; I was so glad to find such an informative forum

Can you please look at the next problem? May be U'll have a sugestion how to
resolve it

We are using jcifs-1.2.6 / WLS 8.1 SP 4 + the following the part of
configuration

<filter>
    <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
        <param-value>DOMAIN</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
        <param-value>FIRST,SECOND</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.http.loadBalance</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </filter>
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/ntcheck/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

This is what we get in the log: (It's not happen a lot, but when happens the
first time requerd server restart -> affects static Indx value in NbtAddress

public static InetAddress getWINSAddress() {
        return NBNS.length == 0 ? null : NBNS[nbnsIndex];
    }

))

<Oct 2, 2006 8:51:55 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020> <[ServletContext
(id=18073170,name=webApp_crmServer,context-path=)] Servlet
failed with Exception
        at jcifs.netbios.NbtAddress.getWINSAddress(NbtAddress.java:524)
        at jcifs.UniAddress.getByName(UniAddress.java:267)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:156)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter
(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run
(WebAppServletContext.java:6724)
        at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs
(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs
(SecurityManager.java:121)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet
(WebAppServletContext.java:3764)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute
(ServletRequestImpl.java:2644)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)

We found this in
https://thea.openintegra.com/project/sauron/browser/vendor/jcifs/1.2.7/README.tx
t?rev=150

It was discovered that an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException could occur if the
list  of domain controllers returned by NbtAddress.getAllByName was shorter
than  the  list  returned  in  the previous call (possibly because the WINS
query  timed  out  and switched to an alternate WINS server). All NTLM HTTP
Authentication Filter users should upgrade to prevent this error. Also, the
value  of  jcifs.netbios.cachePolicy  set  by the NTLM HTTP Filter if it is
not specified has been doubled to 20 minutes. Finally, some log levels have
been  increased  such that running with jcifs.util.loglevel = 3 temporarily
is  actually  reasonable in a production environment (must use loglevel > 3
to see individual SMB messages and loglevel > 5 to get hexdumps).

I'm wandering to know, if U see this problem in the past & if 1.2.9 upgrade can
fix it

Thank U so much in advance