[jcifs] Infinite loop of error messages

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Oct 3 17:11:48 GMT 2006

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 12:20:20 -0400
Jake Goulding <goulding at vivisimo.com> wrote:

> I have the same problem, but I am using interrupt(). Is there a way to
> tell the Transport to stop and clean up?

No. It stops and cleans up after the soTimeout has expired.

> I have many threads, and sometimes they just spend too much time
> transferring data. I have the interrupt there in order for it to stop
> sooner rather than later.

Then add a clause to your read()/write() loop that checks the time or a flag.

I believe Thread.interrupt() is deprecated and with good reason. It is
very bad style to use that and more importantly it is downright dangerous.

> Stéphane Bond wrote:
> > We just have exactly the same problem with jcifs 1.2.9 on a portal
> > server.
> >
> > The logs are filled by this stack trace until the disk is full :
> >
> > jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Invalid state: 2
> >        at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.disconnect(Transport.java:209)
> >        at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.loop(Transport.java:126)
> >        at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.run(Transport.java:248)
> >        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> >
> > Stephane

PHP Active Directory SSO