[jcifs] Kerberos HTTP authentication

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 16:24:26 GMT 2006

I don't think IE supports a "raw" Kerberos auth mechanism.  There were
some various initiatives at kerberizing http prior to Microsoft's
Negotiate/SPNEGO-based approach; this may have been on of those.

One thing that's mildly interesting to note is that MS's "Negotiate"
SSPI provider is non-conformant to SPNEGO in that it supports raw
tokens from subproviders (i.e. not wrapped in SPNEGO).  As a client,
you should be able to send raw kerberos tokens to IIS and get back an
appropriate response.