[jcifs] Kerberos HTTP authentication

Mike Streeton mike.streeton at ardentia.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 13:57:37 GMT 2006

I have done a bit more work an tried to force Kerberos challenge by
modifying AuthenticationFilter and add replacing:

        resp.addHeader("WWW-Authenticate", "NTLM");

With:

resp.addHeader("WWW-Authenticate", "Kerberos realm=\"mykdc\"
target=\"HTTP/myserver\"");

In the fail(boolean clearSession, HttpServletRequest req,
            HttpServletResponse resp) throws ServletException,
IOException method.

This "worked" once in that it tried to do a Kerberos authentication but
failed somewhere along the way, unfortunately I have not been able to
reproduce this and it still goes for NTLM.

Will let you know if I make any progress

Mike

www.ardentia.com the home of NetSearch