[jcifs] Kerberos HTTP authentication

Mike Streeton mike.streeton at ardentia.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 11:52:49 GMT 2006

I have been trying to get the 1.2.9 Kerberos version working with HTTP
authentication. I copied the AuthenticationFilter.java + other classes
over from jcifs-ext. I have set up a simple app protected by the filter
and all seems fine, the page can call request.getRemoteUser(). The
problem is using eclipse to debug it I cannot see it going through any
of the SPNEGO code and I suspect it is still using NTLM. How can I get
IE to negotiate a Kerberos connection instead of NTLM.

Thanks

Mike

www.ardentia.com the home of NetSearch