[jcifs] KerberosAuthExample

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Oct 2 21:08:42 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:30:06 +0100
"Mike Streeton" <mike.streeton at ardentia.co.uk> wrote:

>             [Krb5LoginModule] authentication succeeded
> Commit Succeeded
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException: Signature verification failed.
>       at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:565)
>       at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:662)
>       at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:252)
>       at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:147)

Mmmm. SMB singing with Kerberos is a little different from NTLM. I
guess the jcifs-krb5 package doesn't have the necessary SMB signing
changes.  That's a pretty serious limitation. The signing code will
need updating. It's not terribly difficult work assuming we can get
the session key from JGSS but it's not something that I can do anytime
soon. I suprised the Kerberos Filter works at all considering the
SMB_COM_SESSION_SETUP_ANDX should be signed I think.

PHP Active Directory SSO