[jcifs] Re: Long Unicode Share Names

Volodymyr Bychkoviak vbychkoviak at i-hypergrid.com
Thu Nov 23 18:09:55 GMT 2006

Michael B Allen wrote:
> I'm about to sign off on the 1.2.10 release but it would be nice if
> others could report that they are seeing long Unicode share names now.
>
> Anyone else test this?
>
> Mike

Yes I've testes this to check if long Unicode shares are present.
It works good, however in debug mode (when executed step by step) it
prints "Invalid state: 3"

But I was unable to retrieve list of hosts from domain.
Code that worked in 1.2.9 now throws an UnknownHostException:

java.net.UnknownHostException: <myDomainName>
	at jcifs.UniAddress.getByName(UniAddress.java:301)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.getAddress(SmbFile.java:757)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.getType(SmbFile.java:1132)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.list(SmbFile.java:1564)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.list(SmbFile.java:1456)
	at myClass.main()

Code looks like:

     NtlmPasswordAuthentication authentication = new
NtlmPasswordAuthentication(domain, user, password);

     try {
       SmbFile file = new SmbFile("smb://"+domain, authentication);
       String[] strings = file.list();
       return new ArrayList(Arrays.asList((Object[]) strings));
     } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
       e.printStackTrace();
     } catch (SmbException e) {
       e.printStackTrace();
     }
     return Collections.EMPTY_LIST;

Debugging show that point is in UniAddress.lookupServerOrWorkgroup() method.

in 1.2.9 query thread q1x returns address.
in 1.2.10 both query threads return null addresess.