[jcifs] MSRPC Support / SID Resolution

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Nov 16 19:45:46 GMT 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:42:17 -0500
Jake Goulding <goulding at vivisimo.com> wrote:

>  From the changelog: "It should now be possible to add new
> RPCs...SID/group name resolution...relatively easily".
>
> I assume that this means that the name resolution is not available by
> default, is that so? Does the patch that was previously available still
> work? Is anyone interested in adding the lookup support? ;-) How hard
> would looking at the patch and translating it to the new code be?

No, SID resolution is still not included. The old patch should still
work but some open flags may need to be adjusted slightly.

But for a variety of reasons I recommend that you not use Jarapac for
JCIFS RPCs since there would be no hope of getting the patch included
in the stock package.

Look at jcifs/dcerpc/msrpc/MsrpcShareEnum.java and make an analygous
MsrpcLookupSids.java. Aside from that the rest of the code from that patch
should be mostly the same. At least the MSRPC part of should be easy.

PHP Active Directory SSO