[jcifs] jcifs-1.2.10 released / MSRPC Support,
Long Unicode Share Name Enumeration and Critical Bugfixes
Michael B Allen
mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Nov 14 17:58:04 GMT 2006
This release contains the following new functionality and fixes:
* Long Unicode Share Enumeration - The SmbFile.list* methods will now
try to use MSRPC to enumerate shares if the target is a server. If
the operation should fail for any reason, the client will fall
back to trying the older RAP method. This should permit enumerating
shares with names that use charsets other than the negotiated OEM
"ASCII" encoding, share names that are longer than 12 characters,
and arbirarily large lists of shares.
* MSRPC Support - MSRPC support has been integrated into JCIFS
directly. It should now be possible to add new RPCs (AT jobs,
SID/group name resolution, service management, regedit, etc)
relatively easily with little knowledge of MSRPC protocols. Look at
the jcifs/dcerpc/msrpc/MsrpcShareEnum.java class for an example and
ask the mailing list for further instructions.
* Apr 24 bugfix - A NullPointerException caused by an error in logic
has been fixed.
* May 10 bugfix - The client will now detect if the JRE supports Cp850
and set the default jcifs.encoding to US-ASCII if it does not. This
will eliminate some NullPointerExceptions that were occuring as
* A small update about keep-alives has been added to the NTLM HTTP
* Jun 21 bugfix - CLOSE-WAIT sockets left over by read errors have
* Jul 19 bugfix - Errors caused by using UnicodeLittle as
opposed to UnicodeLittleUnmarked have been fixed by ensuring
UnicodeLittleUnmarked is used throughout the codebase.
* Oct 3 bugfix - Invalid state errors from Transport classes have
been fixed. It should be safe to interrupt() JCIFS operations now.
* Oct 20 bugfix - Uncontrolled looping due to invalid Transport
logic has been fixed.
* Oct 25 bugfix - Logic has been added to make domain controller
lookups more robust.
* Oct 27 bugfix - Failure when using SmbFile.renameTo() with
jcifs.smb.client.ssnLimit=1 has been fixed. * Oct 31 bugfix -
Endless looping when all WINS servers in a list are unavailable has
More information about the jcifs