[jcifs] issue using jcifs in ultrasearch

Bryan L. Fordham bfordham at spateng.com
Thu Nov 2 14:52:55 GMT 2006

I've written a custom crawler agent for Oracle's Ultra Search using jcifs.
When the crawler is run, it first collects a list of all files it needs to
look at, then goes back and actually indexes them.

The first part works fine. The second part, however, fails.

When I write a standalone test class that transverses the directories and
then opens the files, it works fine. So I'm confident it's not a network
issue. I think it's something with ultra search not seeing all the jcifs
stuff, but I'm not certain.

Here's the error:

Processing smb://65.1.125.5/all/demos/After_Action_Grp2.ppt

WKG-30164: Unable to open socket to host "65.1.125.5:139"

   "javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext
connection?"

WKG-30025: smb://65.1.125.5/all/demos/After_Action_Grp2.ppt: Connection
refused

That's when me setting jcifs.smb.client.username|password|domain. I
originally tried with the domain, username and password in the URL, with the
same results.

Thanks for any pointers

--B

Ps: I posted a message to the oracle ultra search forum as well. If I get
any useful info from there I'll post it here if anyone is interested