[jcifs] Need help with jcifs setup

Richard Caper rcaper at gmail.com
Tue May 30 10:35:42 GMT 2006

If you're getting a 404 back from Tomcat, that would imply that it
isn't installing the servlet context properly with the filter in place
(i.e. with the filter present, initialization is failing).

The web.xml snippet you have below may be the cause; the
filter-mapping element is invalid.  Instead of:

<filter-mapping url-pattern='/*' filter-name='NtlmHttpFilter'/>

it should be:

<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>